Daily News: 10-07-15

Are you an FFA member looking to get more involved? Come to Miss Hoffman’s room and get an officer application form for FFA class representative. Elections will be held at the meeting on October 14th, hope to see you there.

Attention all members of NHS who are being inducted at the ceremony in a few weeks. The sheets being used to introduce you need to be returned to Mrs. Laurencelle by Thursday, Oct. 8th. Please see her if you have any questions.

The OE Student Challenge will meet this Thursday at 7:00 am in room C-14 in the High School. A breakfast will be provided. All are welcome to attend.

The business department is putting on a troop drive. Bring in non-perishable items to send overseas. Drop off your items to Mrs. Bonnie Ott in room S-18 from October 1 through November 1.

Attention wrestlers: If you still have gear from last year’s WAAAM season, please return that to Mr. Bowen ASAP.

Seniors: You have a field trip planned for Wednesday, October 14 to go to Eastwood Towne Center to see “The Martian” during the school day. This is your reward day for doing well on the ACT. Your chaperones will be Ms. Blank and Ms. Batora. Please pick up a permission slip from Ms. Blank in room E-1. The cost is $10 for the busses and movie and an additional $3 if you want unlimited popcorn and drinks. All seniors need to attend. If you do not, you will be considered absent.

The Drama Club is holding auditions for their first school play, “13 Ways to Screw up Your College Interview.” Auditions will be today from 3 P.M. to 5 P.M. in the Auditorium. Please pick up a script from the office or from Sarah Sopocy and come ready to read for the part you are interested in. For more information, please see Sarah Sopocy.
The coffee shop in the Information Center will be up and running today. Please stop in for a warm cup of regular or caramel coffee for $1. The proceeds will be used to help fund a business field trip in the spring.
NHS will be selling Benny’s donuts again this Friday, Oct. 9th. There will be a wide assortment beginning at 7:20. Get here early to get your first choice.

Upcoming college visits are:
Michigan State University – October 8, 2nd lunch only
Oakland University – October 28, 2nd lunch only