Daily News: 11-02-15

From Ms. Blank- Spirit bus riders- I had a blast riding with all of you to and from Holt Friday night. I enjoyed the singing and the energy each and every one of you had. You wanted a “hype” bus: I think you got it. In your terms “It was lit!” Thanks for being an amazing student body that I enjoyed spending my time with after hours.

Seniors, keep selling RADA Knife products. These knives are the quality of Cutco and so much less expensive. They make great gifts. Make sure to ask family members and friends. Also remember that 30% goes to helping finance your personal trip to Chicago. See Ms. Blank for more forms and catalogs if you need them. Also a reminder that Jostens will be in the building next Weds., November 11th, with your graduation supply order catalogs and forms.

Language Arts Team- Our next competition is Weds, November 11th. It is a Character Sketch. See Ms. Blank for a permission slip and details.

Varsity Football Equipment hand in is Tuesday after school. Please meet in the locker room. Everyone is expected to be there.

Additionally,
Attention all football players: The football banquet is this Thursday in the high school cafeteria at 6:30 pm. All players and immediate families are invited. Please bring a dish to pass and dress to impress.

Kaila Smith was last weeks Artsonia artist of the week. If you see her in the hall, make sure to congratulate her. You can visit artsonia.com to see her work on the homepage.

The annual boy’s volleyball games will be Friday, November 13 at 7 p.m. The juniors will first take on the freshman and the seniors will play the sophomores. The first practice will be tomorrow evening from 6-7:30 in the main gym for the junior and seniors only. Other practice times will be forthcoming.

Anyone interested in Varsity Swimming can pick up the pre-season sign up packet in E-6 from Mr. Dahlke

The Class of 2018 is selling sport water bottles. The bottles are 24 oz and have the Ovid-Elsie Marauder on bot sides. The bottles are $8.00 and are available in the High School Office

Gold Card’s can be picked up for the winter sports season from Mrs. Latz prior to the start of your season. All student athletes will be required to have one to begin practice. Be sure that you have a current physical on file with Mrs. Latz, that you are passing six out of seven hours and that you have all of your previous sport equipment in and fees paid or you will not be issued a Gold Card.

Attention all boys basketball players interested in trying out for high school basketball this winter: There is an informational sign up meeting regarding boys basketball tryouts on Tuesday, November 3 at 7:40AM, in the student lounge. It is very important that you attend to receive information regarding the upcoming basketball season and tryouts. Please plan accordingly to be there.

The next Model UN meeting is tomorrow at 7:30 A.M. Bring your resolutions and questions to help speed up the process.

The annual FFA fruit and nut sale is underway. This is the FFA chapter’s major fundraiser for the year. Stop down to Ms. Hoffman’s room and get your order forms and brochures. The community always looks forward to this every year, so please help get the order forms out there.

Lifetouch will be here for picture re-takes on Tuesday, November 3.

Students who are interested in signing up for the fall blood drive on Friday, November 6 need to see Morgan Martin. Students must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 lbs. The state of Michigan allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with a signed consent form from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at any time. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle.

Girls basketball practice starts Monday, November 9 at 3 P.M. for all grade levels. You must have a current physical to begin practice. If you have any questions or you missed the preseason meeting, please contact Coach Cunningham.

Freshmen class dues are $7 and can be paid to Mrs. Horak in Student Services before and after school and during both lunches.

The business department is putting on a troop drive. Bring in non-perishable items to send overseas. Drop off your items to Mrs. Bonnie Ott in room S-18 through November.

Juniors and seniors have the opportunity to attend a visit to Central Michigan University on November 19. Those interested can pick up a permission form in Student Services. See Ms. Simon in Student Services for additional information.