April 18, 2024

Blast From The Past Holds Up

Star Wars A New Hope is the first ever Star Wars movie created but the fourth of nine movies in the Skywalker Saga. A New Hope made $750 millions and is the highest of the three original in box office as well.

ANH starts with Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and her one little ship being chased by an imperial ship which is being commanded by Darth Vader (David Prowse. The princess is being chased because she has plans for a space station named the Death Star which is a fully built and completely operational planet killing weapon.

The princess is then captured and tortured for information and her Homeworld is completely blown to bits and now an asteroid field. Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), a farmer on Tatooine, is wondering about the vast world around him and the adventure to be had outside of his farm. He discovers the existence of two droids named R2-D2 (Kenny Baker) and C-3P0 (Anthony Daniels) and he quickly learns they are part of the rebellion against the Empire. He then learns about Obi-Wan’s (Alec Guinness) secret of a past Jedi life and that he has a lightsaber for Luke from his father who gave it to Obi-Wan as a gift for Luke.

Luke and Obi-Wan buy a trip off Tatooine with Han Solo (Harrison Ford) and Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and take off, they get captured by the Empire but luckily Leia is on the same ship as them so they save the princess and save themselves. Obi-Wan dies in the process by giving the others time to leave by fighting Darth Vader and vanishing after being hit by a lightsaber.

I would rate this movie a 8/10, George Lucas took a few extra extensions on the release for the film and that’s fine because this movie is great and really I don’t know what else could have been changed.

Star Wars A New Hope takes place after Star Wars Rogue One
I think it takes place after Rogue One, because in Rogue One they are trying to get the plans of the Death Star to the Rebellion and then they eventually do. The ship that has the plans is Leia’s and that is the ship attacked at the beginning of A New Hope. In Rogue One Jyn Erso sends the plans from Scarif from a big communication tower to a ship that is in battle above the planet. That ship then takes off for Alderann with the Princess and communication. Leia then gives those plans to R2 in A New Hope the main plot of that movie.

A New Hope was made before CGI, everything was either colored in later during post production like R2-D2 or lightsabers, and then many film hots were small models that were used to represent the bigger ships in the movie.

Photo – IMDB