Over the Moon Features Great Animation

My first impressions for Over the Moon were pretty good as it made me invested throughout the movie with its stellar animation style and its great music soundtrack.

As for the review itself, it was a good movie with a terrific animation style that made you feel like you could be in the world that the characters were in and good heartwarming moments that made you truly feel the characters emotions.  The cast of the movie worked well together with actors like Ken Jeong, Sandra Oh, Kimiko Glenn and director, Glen Keane.  They gave a good acting performance and gave the movie some life.  

The story starts off in a chinese town where Fei Fei and her family run a business making mooncakes and selling them.  After being told stories about the moon goddess by her family, she is inspired to find the moon goddess for herself.  When her mother suddenly dies, however, she is heartbroken and has to deal with a new family that she despises immediately.  After her family does not believe that the moon goddess exists, she builds a rocket to prove to her family that she does exist.  

According to Rotten Tomatoes, they gave this movie a rating of 79% which makes a good movie according to them.  One of the critics for this movie says, “What started off like a mournful but standard fairy-tale becomes, at least for a while, a candy colored, throbbing extravaganza.”

My personal rating for this movie is a 9/10.  Some things that I liked about the movie were the visuals of the movie that made it eye popping to the viewer and making them hooked to the movie and the music was excellent as well with its peaceful melodies and lyrics.  Some things that I did not like about the movie were that the beginning of the movie did not look very promising as we don’t really know how her mother dies and the humor was not really there.       

My recommendation for this movie is to definitely give this movie a chance, even if the beginning of the movie kind of stinks as you will be surprised by what is in store for you during the rest of the movie.