Animal Crackers Has Fun Moments

Animal Crackers Has Fun Moments

My first impressions for Animal Crackers were surprisingly good as I expected it to be a pretty bad movie.

As for the review itself, the humor was pretty funny and the emotional moments make you feel like you are the characters.  The cast was pretty strong with actors like Danny Devito, Sylvester Stallone, and Patrick Warburton along with the director, Scott Christian Sava.  They gave a brilliant performance that gave this movie a lot of life and really impressed me.    

The story takes place in the US where a traveling circus named The Huntington Brothers Circus is performing to give some enjoyment to everybody.  When a new person named Talia comes along, the Huntington Brothers decide to break up after Bob marries her.  When their kid Owen takes over the circus he marries a girl named Zoey and makes his worst decision to leave the circus and work in a dog biscuit factory.  When Bob and Talia die they are given a box of magical animal crackers that can turn into any animal that someone eats.  They must use this magical box to save the circus and stop Horatio from stealing it away.    

According to Rotten Tomatoes, they gave this movie a rating of 64% which makes it an average movie according to them.  One of the critics for the movie said, “The circus theme already feels played out from the start, while the story heads in mostly predictable directions despite the limited pleasure of seeing those mighty morphin power crackers in action.”

My personal rating for this movie is an 8.5/10.  Some things that I like about the movie was that the storytelling was pretty good as it kept you invested throughout the movie and the humor was well executed.  Some things that I did not like about the movie was the first few minutes felt drawn out as it felt like an unoriginal story at first and some of the character designs looked pretty ugly.  

My personal recommendation for this movie is to definitely give this movie a chance even if the first few minutes of the movie is a little drawn out.