Hop Movie Brings Live Action to Easter Theme

With Easter being right around the corner and families getting together, you may be thinking of some Easter movies that you could watch with your family. One that might come to mind is the movie Hop. The movie was filmed in 2011 and is a live action film with both animation and human actors. Some of these actors include but aren’t limited to James Marsden, Kaley Cuoco, Gary Cole, and David Hasselhoff. The movie is available through Netflix.

The plot of the movie is about how the job of the Easter Bunny gets passed down through the generations. The story begins by showing the process of how Easter treats are made and how the current Easter Bunny gets around the world. The main character E.B. who is voiced by Russell Brand is first line to be appointed to the Easter Bunny position. However, he does not want to be in that power and would rather be a drummer. He runs away to Los Angeles and runs into Fred O’Hare who is played by James Marsden. Fred is tricked into giving shelter to E.B. Meanwhile, a chick back at the Easter factory is planning on overthrowing the company.

A positive review that can be found on the Rotten Tomatoes website says, “Perfectly pleasant, funny, if unexceptional Easter holiday movie.”

To see the other side of things, a negative comment says, “For the most part it tries too hard, lurching from one plot contrivance to another and never giving any of its cast (apart from the heroically hard-working Marsden) much to do.”

The movie Hop got a rating of 24% on the Tomatometer and 53% as the audience score. As you can see, the movie really depends on the person and their personal thoughts. I would give this movie a six out of ten. It is enjoyable and is fun for the season of Easter, but you could go without watching the movie.