Alice in Wonderland, A Disney Classic

Alice in Wonderland, A Disney Classic

Alice in Wonderland is a Disney movie that came out in 1951. Alice is seven-year-old, she is listening to her oldest sister who is reading a history book and she is getting bored. She sees a passing rabbit in a waistcoat exclaiming that he is late so she starts following him into a large hole.

Alice sees him leave through a very small door so she has to drink a bottle to become small enough. But then she forgets to take the key off the door on the table, but now she is too small, so she eats a cook which makes her grow very large, she also starts crying. She swims through the door to follow the white rabbit.

The Rabbit thinks Alice is “Mary Ann” the owner of the house where they are, so he says to her to go and take his gloves. While she is looking for the gloves, she eats another cookie and becomes large again. Now she is stuck in the house and everybody think she is a monster; also the Rabbit asks to help expel her and he decides to burn the house so Alice eats a carrot and become small again so she can escape.

While she is following the rabbit, she meets a garden of talking flowers that start singing to her but then they become mean and order Alice to leave.

The little girl meets a caterpillar and she laments her small size, the caterpillar turns into a butterfly and goes away but before he advices Alice to eat a mushroom so she returns to her normal size.

In the woods Alice gets stuck and she meets the Cheshire Cat, she asks him which way she needs to go, he tells her it depends on where she wants to go. Then she celebrates non-birthdays with the Door mouse, but as she prepares to leave the Rabbit appears. Alice decides to return home, but she gets lost and she is afraid that she is lost forever.

The Cheshire Cat reappears and says to Alice to take the Queen of Hearts home’s direction. Alice plays croquet against the queen, with live flamingos, card guards and hedgehogs are used as equipment. But the equipment rigged the game in favor of the queen so the Cheshire Cat appears to help Alice and the Queen gets mad.

Alice gives the Cat to the Queen but the Cat disappears so the Queen orders Alice’s execution. Alice decides to eat a piece of the mushroom so she gets bigger than the queen and she starts to refuse the Queen’s insults, but when she does it she starts getting smaller so the Queen orders her execution. Alice yells at herself to wake up and she does and returns at home.

Alice in Wonderland is one of Walt Disney’s best efforts. It has adhered to the Lewis Carrots classic, adding enough Disney humors to make it a delight for all ages.

I actually really like the movie, I almost like all Disney movies, but this reminds me a lot of when I was a child and I watched it with my mum and my siblings, and I still love watching now. It’s something that reminds me that there is nothing impossible, like in Alice’s world. I don’t think it is the best Disney moviesand it’s not my favorit, but it’s still good.