A Week Away Sparks Romance on Netflix

A Week Away Sparks Romance on Netflix

The musical A Week Away is a Netflix Original Show with a story of self discovery and life changing experiences. It was released on March 26th of this year and was directed by Roman White. The main characters are played but Kevin Quin (who plays Will Hawkins), Bailee Madison (plays Avery), Jahbril Cook (plays George), and many others.

The show is about this troubled teenager named Will Hawkins who has a run-in with the law and an orphan. He was given a choice between going to juvenile detention or going to a Christian summer camp. He went to the camp expecting nothing to change and to go right back to the life he was living, however, he made friends with George and fell in love with a camp regular named Avery. He finds the camp as a place of belonging and life turns around for him.

The website Rotten Tomatoes gives this musical a rating of 52% on the Tomatometer and a 83% on the Audience score. As you can see, there is about a 50/50 chance of people liking the movie. The show is a musical/teenage romance that has a touch of religious details. It really depends on the person and what their interests are.

A quote from the website says, “The peppy, achingly earnest ‘A Week Away’ seems likely to inherit the throne once occupied by ‘High School Musical’.”

I give the movie A Week Away a seven out of ten rating. I really enjoyed the story line and the character’s interaction. The emotion that was put into their acting was incredible. However, I did not love the songs that they sang. They weren’t catchy and were childish in my opinion. Maybe without the cheesy, cliché songs it would be better. Overall, I liked the movie.