Detroit Lions Had A Moment in Thanksgiving Game

DETROIT- On Thursday, November 25th the Detroit Lions (0-10-1) played host to the Chicago Bears (4-7) at Ford Field. The Lions and Bears played in Detroit’s annual Thanksgiving game and Detroit lost the game 16-14. 

Detroit started the game lively, with an opening drive touchdown pass from Jared Goff to wide receiver Josh Reynolds. They ended the first quarter with the 7-0 advantage. 

In the second quarter Chicago changed the game by accumulating 13 points including two Cairo Santos field goals to put them up at the break 13-7. 

The third quarter was a struggle for both teams as neither seemed likely to score until Detroit seized an opportunity late on to lead 14-13 as they headed into the fourth. 

At the start of the fourth quarter the Chicago and Detroit punted on their opening possessions and Chicago went on a 18 play, 69 yard drive in the final 8 minutes and 30 seconds to finish off the Lions 16-14.

Penalties cost the Lions on several occasions throughout the game. They will play host to Minnesota on December 5th to play the Vikings. Chicago will host the league leading Arizona Cardinals on December 5th.

Source: https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401326494