Varsity Bowlers Play Durand

Varsity Bowlers Play Durand

The Varsity Bowling Teams traveled to Richfield Lanes on Saturday, Jan. 8th to take on Durand. The Marauders have been inconsistent this season with a record of 1-2 coming into the day. 

Bowlers have struggled on the current oil pattern that the MHSAA is using for this season but they are starting to figure out how to play the pattern. The boy’s team won both baker games with a 127 and 161 to best Durand’s 121 and 116. 

In individual bowling, Hunter Maxa won both games with a 154 and a 156. Brandon Grieder won both games as well with scores of a 124 or a 149, and Tobin Clark won a game scoring 132. Other scores from the day include Tobin Clark 132, Gunnar Barrett 112, 128, and Clay Wenzlick 130, 123. 

The girl’s team won their baker games with Durand winning their first one 124 to 118 and winning the second one 117 to 113. 

Unfortunately for the lady Marauders they were unable to win enough individual games to finish off the Railroaders. Kloe Bigelow won a game with a score of 82, Karina Custer won with a 137, and Morgan Douglass won both games with a 124, and a 151. Other scores include Kloe Bieglow with a 107, Karina Custer for a 93, Olivia Burt with a 95 and 102, and Gracie Schultz with a 127 and a 120. The girls lost to Durand 16 to 14.