April 18, 2024

Wolverines Head to Big Ten Tourney

Wolverines Head to Big Ten Tourney

As the 6th ranked Wolverines head into the Big Ten tournament they still remain without a conference title. They had a chance to claim that title against Iowa Sunday Feb. 27 but Guard Caitlin Clark was too much for them. Clark is the nation’s leading scorer and scored 46 points in their first meeting earlier in the season where Iowa won 98-90. Sunday, she carried her team to a 104-80 win with a sold-out crown while scoring 38 points and going 8-11 from 3 point range. Nevertheless, the Wolverines started out with a strong start shooting 56.3% in the opening quarter and led by as many as 11 before Clark started to heat up. Michigan Senior forward Naz Hillmon, preseason co-Big Ten Player of the Year led the Wolverines with a double-double, 18 points and 15 rebounds. Hillmon became the first Michigan basketball player, male or female, to record 2,000 career points and 1,000 rebounds. Hillmon is just the eighth Big Ten women’s player to reach those marks. The Big Ten Tournament begins Wednesday in Indianapolis and the Wolverines will be the No. 3 seed.