May 9, 2024

The Boogeyman Fills Horror-Suspense Void

The Boogeyman movie has been in multiple forms with some hate and some love, but we can all agree that the series is still growing. The new Boogeyman movie was released in theaters on June 2, 2023, and was also released to Hulu and Prime streaming service on August 29, 2023. The film will soon be released on blue-ray/DVD for people to buy and take home in order to watch it at home without using a paid subscription, this will be released on October 10, 2023.

The movie, The Boogeyman, was made by director Rob Savage along with producers, Shawn Levy, Dan Levine, and Dan Cohen. This movie is a horror, mystery, and thriller type genre. The runtime of the show is 1 hour and 38 minutes. Along with this, it is a PG-13 type movie. Some of the actors in the movie include Sophie Thatcher as Sadie Harper, Chris Messina as Will Harper, Vivien Lyra Blair as Sawyer Harper, David Dastmalchian as Lester Billings, Mirin Ireland as Rita Billings, and Madison Hu as Bethany, along with others but those are the main cast and crew we see throughout the movie.

The movie is based around a high school student, Sadie Harper, and her younger sister, Sawer, who seem to be dearly missing their mother who passed away. As we figured out in the film, not that long ago their mother passed away leaving them grieving her death with their father, Will, unknowingly. While all this is going on there is a supernatural entity that preys on families and feeds on the suffering of its victims that hunts them down during the entire show.

After reviewing the movie, Rotten Tomato Meter, the score for Rotten Tomato was 60% with a 66% score from the audience with over 1,000 people verifying the ratings. A critic consensus that it seems to have is, “The Boogeyman might fall short of its terrifying source material, but a spooky atmosphere and some solid performances help keep the chills coming.” Said one of the critic reviews for the movie.

All in all, it is a really good and well-made movie with horror, suspense, and also a hint of fear. The audience can feel all this as the atmosphere sets the mood just right before a jump scare out of almost nowhere. When you decide if you want to buy the DVD/Blu-ray disk, you may need to consider the fact that the jump scares take time and also it takes quite a little bit for things to happen. However, if you’re fine with waiting for stuff to happen, and also the suspense of it, then you will be happy to buy and watch this movie for you and your family to enjoy.