May 9, 2024

Disney’s Elemental Follows Romeo and Juliet Romantic Comedy

The movie Elemental on Disney+ was released on June 16. The movie is
rated PG and the movie is 1 hour and 42 minutes long. The cast includes Leah Lewis as
Ember Lumen, Mamoudou Athie as Wade, Catherine O’Hara as Brook Ripple, Wendi
McLendon-Covey as Gale Cumulus, Ronnie del Carmen as Bernie Luman, Mason
Wertheimer as Clod, Joe Pera as Fern Grouchwood, and Shila Ommi as Cinder Luman.
The animation movie is about a world full of different elements such as Earth, Fire, Water,
and Air. The movie shows a young fire girl ( Ember Lumen) who is trying to save her
father’s fire shop from being flooded by water. She knows this would devastate him and
ruin any trust he has in her running the shop. She meets a guy named Wade who is a
water element. They continue to work together to figure out why there is water running
through the pipes to her father’s shop. The two work together to find where the water is
coming from and work to fix it together to save her father’s shop. In the process of being
friends and working together, they create a bond between each other and fall in love
even though elements don’t mix. The movie then shows the two elements mixing and
being perfect matches for each other. In the end, Ember and Wade end up together and
fix Ember’s father’s shop.
Rotten Tomato rated this movie 74% and the audience rated the movie 93%. One
critic even said, “ Stunning animation sparks this cross-cultural, high-concept ‘Romeo &
Juliet’ romantic comedy, inspired by the periodic chart of elements that one recalls from
science class.” I personally really enjoyed this movie. It was funny and had a cute love
story. I’d recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys animated movies.