I.S.S Ponders War Reaching Space

I.S.S Ponders War Reaching Space

I.S.S. was directed by Gabriela Cowperthwaite and released on January 19th, 2024. The movie had a budget of 13.8 million and made around 4.2 million at the box office. The main character is Kira Foster who is played by Ariana DeBose.

I.S.S. takes place on the International Space Station that orbits the Earth. While aboard the International Space Station, the world below goes to war with each nation fighting one another. Each nation radios to their people on the International Space Station and orders them to take over the station. This causes a battle to take place on the space station. A fight to decide which nation gets to take the whole station. I.S.S. had an audience score of 44% and a 62% on the Tomatometer. One reviewer gave the movie a 2/5 saying it does well on the sci-fi part of the movie, but lacks on the other aspects of what makes a good movie, a good movie. Another reviewer gave it a 3/4 because they felt like it only did what it needed to and didn’t try to go above and beyond for the audience. Overall, most people gave the movie a negative rating due to missing something that they wanted in the movie.

All in all, I think I.S.S. is a decent movie that could use some tweaking. I’m a huge space nerd and it definitely delivered in that section but it was otherwise lacking in many other departments. The story was also decent but something just always felt a little off. I would rate this movie a 6/10 and would recommend it to anyone who loves space.

Source: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iss