Nikki Haley Bows Out of Presidential Bid

According to Steve Peoples and Meg Kinnard who published an article on Apnews, Nikki
Haley has suspended her presidential campaign. Although she has gained popularity with many
Republican donors, independent voters, and the “Never Trump” crowd, even though she
criticized the criminal cases against him as politically motivated and pledged that, if president,
she would pardon him if he were convicted in federal court. Her departure clears Trump to focus
solely on his likely rematch in November with Biden.
Haley announced her campaign for President of the United States in February 2023.
According to NBC News, Haley opposes abortion rights, and opposed efforts to expand
Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act, She also called to fix “our broken immigration system,”
but said she opposed open borders.
According to CBS, Haley draws some inspiration from Margaret Thatcher, the
conservative who was Britain’s first woman prime minister and who was known as the “Iron
Lady.” During one debate, in dismissing a squabble between Chris Christie and Vivek Ramaswamy,
Haley quoted Thatcher: “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done,
ask a woman.” And Haley also borrowed the line for the title of her book, “If You Want
Something Done: Leadership Lessons from Bold Women.”
According to CBS, Former President Donald Trump has been accused of sexism in
some of his attacks against Haley. After the second GOP primary debate, he began calling her a
“birdbrain.” Haley tweeted a photo of a birdcage and birdseed left outside her hotel room that
bore a gift tag from the Trump campaign. She’s taken those attacks in stride as a sign of her
growing strength in the race. “Love this,” she tweeted about Trump’s insults. “It means we are in
2nd and moving up fast.”