May 9, 2024

Call Me If You Get Lost Explores Feelings

Call Me If You Get Lost’ by Tyler, The Creator was released June 25th, 2021. There are 16 tracks on Call Me If You Get Lost some other great albums by Tyler, The Creator are Cherry Bomb and Goblin. 

Some of my favorite songs on Call Me If You Get Lost are Corso, Wusyaname, Lumberjack, Hot Wind Blows, Sweet/I Thought You Wanted To Dance, Wilshire, and Safari. I really like the flow, and the beats in these songs. 

One of my favorite songs on Call Me If You Get Lost is Wilshire, it tells a story within a song which is hard to do and Tyler does it very well. Unlike most of the songs on Call Me If You Get Lost, Wilshire has more of a laid back tempo, and it doesn’t really have a chorus.  Wilshire talks about Tyler’s relationship with his friend’s girlfriend, In the first verse of the song he talks about the undeniable attraction to his friend’s girlfriend, he says he admits his feelings for her and she says that she feels the same but she’s dating his friend. He talks about how they stay friends but they know they’re something more, and he explains his guilt for falling for his friend’s girlfriend. He talks about when she spent a week staying with him instead of going to her friends house. Then he says how she told him that she can’t fully be into him because she’s still dating his friend. Tyler is devastated. 

Tyler, The Creator has worked hard for 14 years his first song was released in Dec. 25th, 2009.