May 9, 2024

The Fall Guy Blows Stuff Up

The Fall Guy Blows Stuff Up

The Fall Guy was directed by David Leitch and released to theaters on May 3, 2024. It had a budget of 130 million and so far has been able to make 27.7 million at the box office. Many claimed it disappointing it only made around 28 million but it is a recent film and might be able to bring in more money eventually.

This film follows a stuntman on his journey to try and win back the love of his life. While getting shot, going through life threatening stunts, and even falling heights that could end someone, he tracks down a movie start to help with a conspiracy. They hope that solving this conspiracy will bring his love right back to him. The overall reviews for the movie are good, the movie had an 83% on the Tomatometer and an 87% on the audience score. However, when I looked into the reviews I saw a lot of hate for the movie which made me question how it got a high percentage. One review gave it a 2/5 saying it ended up just being empty noise and spectacles that weren’t given lots of effort. Another gave it a 2.5/4 saying the story wasn’t given time to breathe and constantly brought attention to everything that was happening.

Personally, my feelings are mixed. I;m a fan of Ryan Gosling and the films he’s in but this one feels a little weird at times. The visuals were good and the action parts were decent as well. The story was hard to follow at times and other times it was really easy to understand since they constantly let the viewers know what was happening. There is still some stuff I don’t fully understand but it didn’t take away from the overall feeling of the movie. I would give it a 3/5 and would recommend it to those who love Ryan Gosling or just seeing stuff blow up.

Source: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_fall_guy_2024