Soviet Kitsch By Regina Spektor Amazingly Good

Soviet Kitsch is the 2004 Album by renowned signer songwriter Regina Spektor. At this time in her career this album was regarded as not very experimental. Its very dignified in the style of piano rock. Reginas best quality in her music is her beautiful voice. The way she strings together melodies on this project seems almost effortless, and often get stuck in my head throughout my week. Songs like Your Honor we get great melodies and interesting lyrics that keep you guessing on what’s to come next. The song  Us Is probably one of my personal favorite on this album. Assuming this album is listened to from track one to track 11, you are in for a rollercoaster of riffs. Again to talk about the lyrics on this project, they are really well done, Originally when hearing “Sailor Song” I was invigorated by the chorus. But after some reading I was really blown away by how in depth Regina goes. The mixing on this project is excellent and flows together wonderfully. A really great job was done on some of the string sections, that really accompany Reginas unique voice. This album is pretty great, maybe a 7-8/10. A large amount of bands and projects I listen too don’t have female vocalists, and Im really excited that I got to listen to something so good.