March 15, 2024

Diary of a Wimpy Kid Well-Loved Series

Jeff Kinney is the author of the popular children’s book series, Diary of a Wimpy Kid. As a kid who read all of the books, I was curious to see if anyone else my age has read them. A survey I created and passed out gave me the answer to the question. The survey was passed out to 24 high school students, who had an even range of 9-12th graders.

The first question they were asked was if they had ever read the books. 87.5% of the students answered yes, and 12.5% said no.

The next question they answered was if they enjoyed the books (if they read them).

About 79% said yes, 8.5% said no, and 12.5% said they didn’t read it.

The third question they were asked was if they read the entire series. About 29.5% said yes, 58% said they stopped before they could finish the series, and 12.5% said they didn’t read it.

The final question they were asked was if they thought the series got better or worse as time went on. A total of 17% put that the series got increasingly worse, 41.4% said they stayed the same, and 20.8% said they got increasingly better. There must have been a flaw in data, but 20.8% said they never read it, even though for the rest of the survey 12.5% never read it.

I have come to the conclusion that Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a series that most kids like, and consider a part of their childhood. Photo found at: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2534/8132/products/ABPID01409_1200x1200.jpg?v=1579087881

Image result for diary of a wimpy kid