Rescue Dogs- Jax Russell

Three months ago, on her way home from her sister’s house with her mother, Shy-Ann Russell watched out the window in thought. Her mind was in another place when she saw a black object out of the corner of her eye. When she adjusted her eyes she noticed it was a puppy, a little brindle boxer mix. The thoughts that went through her mind were, “Awww you poor puppy”. She made her mom, Mary Russell, pull over and get some dog food from the car. She started yelling, “Come here, baby,” her mother scolded her and told her not to touch the dog.

He ran straight for them. He was skinny and dirty with no collar. The look in his eyes was so sad they could break your heart. Russell begged her mother to take him home, and finally she agreed.

After he was clean again, Russell crawled onto her bed and he immediately jumped up onto her lap and laid down. That was the beginning of the unbreakable bond between the two.

Russell named him Jax. She believes that everyone loves him even more that he was a rescue dog. He is so energetic and fun to be around. “We even think he is part beaver. He’s always chewing on wood, stealing it out of the wood pile. Now he’s even chewing on the picnic table,” Russell announced out of the blue. He bounces around and jumps all over her as soon as she gets home. He even follows the car for a certain length of time before turning back.

“Whenever I see him, I just feel so loved and that we have a special bond that can never be broken or replaced,” Shy-Ann’s face brightens up as she reveals this.

“I would give the world for my Jax.”