My Favorite Place by Rianna McCafferty

Have you ever swam in a crystal clear lake, well I have! This lake Is called Higgins lake it should be called glass lake because it’s so clear. My favorite thing is staying at Higgins Lake it so much fun I already miss it. Higgins Lake’s scenery, the c  and all of the memories that were created there make it one of my favorite places.

The Lake is one of my favorite places because of its natural beauty and relaxation. Sitting at the lake reading a book, listening to music or taking a nap is one of the most relaxing things in the world. I could easily fall asleep by listening to the waves crash, seagulls squawking and just the wind will make you fall asleep. The water is so gorgeous, if you swam out above your head you can still see everything below you. Snorkeling is the best, we normally swim to about 30 feet out and just look at all the fish and rocks, last time I found 10 dollars underwater! There are also trails all around the Lake that areso pretty, they have rivers and bridges to cross over and some parts even go through town and then swing back around towards the lake. We normally spend a day going on the trails, once we turn and take the trail that goes in town we get ice cream it’s not as good as the one on the lake but after a long day of walking or riding your bike it tastes amazing.

Another one of my favorite places is the cabin that my family owns, it needs some work but it’s so much fun to go up there and have s’mores every night.. My great great grandpa built the cabin in the early 1900s.   We bought it off of my other side of the family that owned it so now we are completely redoing the whole thing! It’s a lot of work, time and money but its going to look so good and we will definitely go up more, so we think it’s worth all of the effort. My family normally goes up about 2 times each year but since my family just owns it now we will go up a lot more! Usually when we go up my grandparents come too, because they also own it, so we have tons of fun with my uncles,aunt and their kids.

Higgins Lake is my favorite place because of all of my memories that go along with it! When I was around the age of three i met a friend at a ice cream he was four there was a really long line we ended up playing for a while and we had a fake wedding. So when i moved here in 6th grade I noticed a boy that had a sweatshirt on it that said Higgins Lake, so I asked him if he goes to the lake. From there on we started talking more about it and we realized that we were “married” because my mom remembered his name and his mom remembered mine! Now we are good friends! Another great memory was going to Sunken Island, no one can explain why it’s there. All around the island is around 100 feet of water but on Sunken Island it’s only about 4 feet deep so you can get of of your boat and walk around. There are always a ton of people out there but it’s still a lot of fun because you have to swim over super deep water then get on the island. My mom would never go, it would always just be me and my dad because she was to scared to get off of the boat and swim over the deep water. My last and favorite memory was on the Lake on the fourth of July last year there was a ton of people, every person probably got one square foot of space. When the fireworks started it was one of the prettiest things i have ever seen and it was so much fun. There was loud music and everyone was dancing.

Higgins Lake is so beautiful and fun i would spend my whole life there if i could.  These  were just a few of the examples of why Higgins Lake is my favorite place there is 100 more. I can’t  wait for many years to come with friends and family. Why wouldn’t you want go spend your summers swimming in a beautiful lake?