OE Boy Harriers 8th at Stockbridge Invitational

Photo by Molly Maynard

Ovid-Elsie boys cross country team has had a season record of 20-30 so far after placing 8th in the Stockbridge Invitational on Sept. 28. Team captain, Weston Kvalevog said,”This year the team has been working really hard and we are motivated to do well this year.”

With that being said, Kvalevog has been working towards a second year going to the Michigan International Speedway for the state meet to round out his senior year. Previous captain, Noah Willaford said,”I am out this year due to injuries, but the team has been running well this year and is pushing to do better.”

The team has 15 runners and despite their size, they have big goals. Junior William Schmidtfranz said,”This year the team has been doing a lot better with our ranking outcomes because we have all been working very hard.”

At the Stockbridge Invitational the team placed 8th out of 14 teams. The top seven runners in were: Weston Kvalevog in eighth place with a time of 17:08, Blake Bensinger in 43rd place with a time of 18:29, Hayden Hebler in 45th place with a time of 18:32, Corbin Kelly in 57th place with a time of 18:57, Gavyn Leavitt in 67th place with a time of 19:35, Noah Willaford in 77th place with a time of 19:59, and Trayton Terpening in 91st place with a time of 20:47.