OE Varsity Volleyball Now 1-3

Ovid-Elsie’s varsity volleyball team is currently 1-3 in their conference and has had some tough competition throughout their season so far. Although they lost to Mt. Morris, Chesaning, and Byron, their win against Montrose still makes them hopeful that they can capture more wins before the season comes to an end. To get more insight on how the team has been doing, we interviewed Brooke Dorn, a senior and floor captain of the team, and asked her a few questions about the team. 

We asked how she thinks the team is doing so far,  she responded with, “We’re not doing too bad, we are a young team and currently have three of the four returning varsity players out right now so we are doing as good as expected.” 

Next, she was asked what she hopes to see for the rest of the season. She said she wants more wins, as well as going to both districts and regionals this year. In the past years, Ovid Elsie’s volleyball team has not been on the lucky side for districts but Dorn is still optimistic about the team this year. 

For the last few questions, she was asked about the volleyball teams next game. The next game is this upcoming Tuesday, Oct.1st. It is a home conference game against New Lothrop. When questioned about how she thought the game will go, she responded with, “Hopefully good because I will be returning back on the court so hopefully we can all come together and get a dub.” She also asks for students to come out and support the team in the M-Zone. 

Ovid Elsie’s varsity team has six more games including next Tuesday’s game. They have two home games which are Tuesday, Oct. 1 against New Lothrop and the following Tuesday, Oct. 8th against Lakeville. The following four games are all away: Durand, Oct. 15; Leslie, October 19; Sexton, Oct. 21; and Ashley, Oct. 24. It seems that the whole volleyball team is positive about this year’s season and will continue to fight for wins.