Ford V. Ferrari Features All-Star Cast

Ford V. Ferrari Features All-Star Cast

I have not seen Ford v Ferrari but due to my interest in cars this to me seems like a great movie for everyone to go see even if your not interested in cars. Director James Mangold’s new film Ford v. Ferrari (in theaters Nov. 15) tells the story of that competition in the mid-1960s, as American manufacturing titan Ford took on Italy’s Ferrari, the reigning champion of Le Mans. Despite its size, Ford wasn’t exactly a racing powerhouse, with a brand that brought to mind family road trips more than French endurance racing. To stand a chance in the 24-hour circuit, the American corporation brought on two racing legends, Carroll Shelby (Matt Damon) and Ken Miles (Christian Bale) to help them take the European title.  If your goal were to, say, unseat an Italian racing giant, there would be few people better suited to the task than Carroll Shelby. A WWII flight instructor turned chicken farmer, turned race car driver, turned builder of legendary automobiles. Shelby was a larger-than-life figure in the world of fast cars through the second half of the 20th century. Shelby didn’t start out building cars — he raced them, and won. When he was still a farmer, he joined his first races in the early 1950s, winning competitions in the American Southwest. In 1954, he began racing for the Aston Martin team, eventually claiming victory at Le Mans for the British carmaker with co-driver Roy Salvadori. Heart troubles eventually forced Shelby to quit competitive racing. Ken Miles (Christian Bale), the other half of Ford v Ferrari’s motorsport bromance, was an English race car driver who became the winning man for an American automobile giant. As depicted in Ford v Ferrari, Ford had actually been interested in purchasing the Italian sports car maker, according to Motorsport. When Ferrari rebuffed the sale at the last minute, Henry Ford II (the grandson of founder Henry Ford, played by Tracy Letts) decided he would have his revenge by taking the Italians’ most prized racing title. Rotten tomatoes gives this movie a 92% and the audience score is 98%. One persons review states “One of the best ensemble casts of the year, in one of the best movies ever made about auto racing.”