Phineas and Ferb movie Gets Rave Reviews

My first impressions of Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Candace Against the Universe were really good, especially being a big fan of the Phineas and Ferb TV show.  

As for the review itself, it was a charming movie with lots of good humor throughout it like the times where they break the fourth wall and the references to other shows like Star Trek.  The cast of the movie goes really well with the movie as it is basically the same cast from the TV show with actors like Ashley Tisdale as Candace and  Vincent Martella as Phineas.  The director Bob Bowen also did a really good job with the movie, making it feel like the show.

The story starts off in a town called Danville where Candace is trying to bust her brothers when they build dangerous inventions. When she gets captured by aliens from another planet, Phineas, Ferb, and their friends must go on a journey to save her and show her that she is special to them.  They must also save their planet from being mind controlled by Super Super Big Doctor and her plants.   

According to Rotten Tomatoes, they gave this movie a rating of 100% which means it is one of the best movies ever in their opinion.  One of the critics for the movie says, “One of the sharpest kids’ movies in awhile.”  Overall they gave generally good reviews for the movie.

My personal rating for the movie is a 9.5/10.  Some things that I like about the movie are the humor is done rather well with examples like breaking the 4th wall and some references to other TV shows and the animation is done rather well.  One of the things that I don’t like about the movie is when they interrupt some scenes with musical numbers.   

My recommendation on whether or not people should watch the movie is that you should definitely watch the movie, especially if you are a fan of the show.  If you aren’t a fan of the show you should still give it a chance as it is a great family movie to watch.