No One Would Tell Should Be Required

No One Would Tell Should Be Required

My first impression of the 1996 movie No One Would Tell was that it was going to be a dramatic telling of the true story of Amy Carneval. However, because it was made in 1996, I didn’t expect the acting to be very good. 

The main actors/characters in the No One Would Tell film were Candace Cameron Bure (Stacey Collins), Fred Savage (Bobby Tennison), Heather McComb (Nicki), Michelle Phillips (Laura Collins), Rodney Eastman (Tony Dinero), and Season Hubley (Rita Thompson). The movie was directed by Noel Nosseck (Silent Predators, Best Friends).

Shy 16-year-old Stacy Collins can’t believe that the most popular guy in school, an attractive athlete named Bobby Tennison, is interested in her. At first she is flattered by his constant attention, but then he becomes possessive and jealous, telling her who she can speak to and what she can wear. Threats escalate into violence when he thinks she has stepped out of line. Soon she is walking on eggshells and living in fear. Having seen the tell-tale bruises, her best friend convinces her to break things off with him, but in a moment of weakness, she goes to meet him.

A quote from imbd.com reviewer SnoAmy states, “I was forced to watch this in Health class like many other movies. But this was actually really well done. It showed how someone can actually get sucked into an abusive relationship. For something of this nature being shown to a class of immature 15-year-old’s there were actually very few things to laugh at. They showed it with very little cheese. and I think the judge at the end was actually kind of like a message to everyone out there. This movie almost made me cry. And I never cry.” The rating on imbd.com for No One Would Tell is 6.7/10. 

My personal rating for this movie would be a 3/5 because I did love the plotline and how it told the true story of Amy Carneval. However, the acting was not very good, which I expected. I did love the mysterious way the movie was set up, like how they showed the ending in the beginning, but left it as a cliffhanger. 

I do recommend this movie to anyone who likes true story movies and dramas. I don’t recommend this movie for children because it is a little morbid for a younger age group.