American Vampire Horror Comedy Abigail Released April 7th

Abigail had its world premiere at the Overlook Film Festival on April 7th, 2024, and was released in theaters on April 19th, 2024 in the United States by Universal Pictures. It is an American vampire horror comedy film starring Alisha Weir, Melissa Barrera, Dan Stevens, Kathryn Newton, Will Catlett, Kevin Durand, Angus Cloud, and Giancarlo Esposito. This movie is a reboot of the 1939 Universal Classic Monsters film Dracularas Daughter. It has grossed over $15 million worldwide so far and has generally received positive reviews. One review is,” I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. They brought in an amazing group of cast members who brought a sense of uniqueness given each character had an interesting story to them to bring it more into life”. The movie plans on being out of HBO Max in November for people with subscriptions. The plot of this story is criminals kidnap a ballerina daughter and take her to an isolated mansion, but they are unaware of the girl’s unusual abilities. On Rotten Tomatoes, this movie received an 84% overall score and an 88% audience rating.