Girls Track Team Ties for 5th at St. Louis Invitational

The Ovid-Elsie Varsity Girls had their second track meet on Friday, April 16th. The meet took place at St. Louis High School and was the teams first invitational of the season. Field events started at 4 p.m. and track events started at 4:30. Girls track members expressed that they were excited about the first invitational of the season. “I’m really excited that we can actually get medals at this track meet. I think it’s keeping a lot of us motivated to do good in our events,” freshman Haley Bashore said. The Ovid-Elsie girls ended up tying for 5th with Howard City-Tri-County with 42 points. Medals were awarded to those who placed within top 6 of the open sprints and long distance events, top three for field events, and top three for relays. Isabella Loynes came in 5th for the 200 meters sprint. Kaia Spiess came in 5th for the 800 meters sprint and 3rd for pole vault. Samantha Grubaugh came in 5th for the 3200 meters. Samantha Snider came in 6th for the 300 meter hurdles. The girls 4×400 team came in 3rd consisting of Loynes, Jadyn Yonehewski, Spiess, and Samantha Snider. The girls 4×800 team also placed 3rd consisting of Spiess, Abigail Prewitt, Alyse Ladiski, and Samantha Grubaugh. The next meet for the Ovid-Elsie track teams will be home on Wednesday, April 21, with field events starting at 2 p.m. and track events starting at 3. This meet will also be their first league meet of the season.