Girls Track Fourth in League Meet

The Ovid-Elsie Varsity Girls had their second league meet of the season on Wednesday, May 5th. The meet took place at New Lothrop High School with field events starting at 2:30 p.m. and track events starting at 4 p.m. Most of the team was nervous but excited for our second league meet. “I was really excited about running the 4×400 that meet because we knew going in that we could be the other teams in this event but they were also going to be trying extra hard to beat us” sophomore, Alexis Spitzley said. The Ovid-Elsie girls ended up coming in 4th place overall with a total of 100 points exactly. To earn points this meet, people had to place top eight in individual events, relays, and field events. Makenna Pierce earned points in the 100 for getting 8th. Rachel Spitzley earned points in the 400-meter run for getting 4th and pole vault for getting 2nd. Izzy Loynes earned points in the 100-meter dash for getting 3rd and the 200-meter dash for getting 4th. Kaia Spiess earned points in the 400-meter run for getting 5th and pole vault for getting second. Jadyn Yonchewski earned points in the 400 for getting 7th. Alexis Spitzley got points for getting 3rd in the 800 and 3rd in the 1600 meter runs. Samantha Grubaugh earned points in the 3200 – meter run for getting 5th. Ella Powell earned points for getting 8th in the 3200- meter run and 7th in high jump. Audrey Johns got points for getting 5th in the 100- meter hurdles, 5th in the 300- meter hurdles, and 4th in high jump. Points were also earned for the relay teams. The 4×100-meter team of Makenna, Macey Bennett, Haley Bashore, and Jadyn placed 4th. The 4×200-meter team of Makenna, Jadyn, Rachel, and Izzy took 3rd. The 4×400-meter team of Izzy, Kaia, Rachel, and Alexis placed 1st. The 4×800-meter team of Alexis, Abigail Prewitt, Kaia, and Sam placed 2nd. The boys and girls track teams both have their next meet scheduled for Friday, May 7th, in Stockbridge with field events starting at 3 p.m. prelims starting at 4:30 p.m., and track events at 5:30 p.m.