Ready Player One, A Good Action Adventure Flick

Ready Player One is a Warner Bros production that came out in 2018 and is directed by Steven
Spielberg.Ready Player One is a PG-13 movie that is two hours and 20 minutes long. Ready
Player One takes place in 2045 where the planet is collapsing and everyone has what is
basically an improved setup for a VR headset but better. And everyone is basically living inside
of them forgetting to eat and spending all their money in it etc. the main character is Wade Watts
or Parzival, who is played by Tye Sheridan who is most likely popular for his roll in Mud(2013). It
starts out with Wade climbing down a bunch of different homes that are stacked on top of each
other and going into a van where he has his setup consisting of an all directional treadmill,
gloves and his VR headset. Going into what is called the OASIS which was created by James
Holliday who sent a message to everyone in the world saying that he was dead and that he had
implemented an easter egg into the OASIS. whoever could solve the easter egg would get full
control over the OASIS and his video game collection that is valued and a half a trillion dollars.
Wade has done his research and has played a lot of the older games so he starts the hunt.
Rotten Tomatoes rates this movie a 7.2/10 but I am going to have to disagree with them
because in my eyes it has a good nostalgic factor with some of the games seen in the movie,
has some older music but also has some good action and adventure aspects. So all in all I
would give this movie a 8.5/10. If you want to watch it you can buy or rent it on Vudu, Prime
Video and Apple TV or if you have a Netflix subscription you can watch it there.