Vaping Tied to Pulmonary Disease

Federal and state officials have reported hundreds of total possible cases of pulmonary disease and several deaths that may be related to vaping. Patients symptoms ranged from cough, chest pain and shortness of breath to fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, and fever, according to the CDC.

The American Heart Association recommends proven methods to successfully quit smoking. Many people think vaping is less harmful than smoking. It may be true that e-cigarette aerosol or vapor doesn’t include all the contaminants in tobacco smoke, vaping still isn’t safe. No long-term studies have evaluated future tobacco use as a result of e-cigarette use. E-cigarette vapor potentially contains harmful substances not found in tobacco smoke. There is no benefit for vaping among youth.

The chemicals found in e-cigarette liquid, known as “e-juice,” may be a potential cause of popcorn lung. According to the American Lung Association, using electronic cigarettes or vaping, particularly the flavored varieties, can cause popcorn lung.

Around three days after quitting, most people will experience moodiness and irritability, severe headaches, and cravings as the body readjusts. In as little as one month, a person’s lung function begins to improve. As the lungs heal and lung capacity improves, former smokers may notice less coughing and shortness of breath. I think vaping is bad because trying to look cool or being addicted to nicotine is not worth your life, lungs or money.