OE Band Enters District Band Festival

The OE High School band was supposed to have a long week ahead of them. They would have had two performances that count as a grade, and one extra pep band performance that would have counted as time to make up. The first two performances of the week were cancelled due to the bad weather.

The first performance of the week would have been a pre-festival concert, which would have included both high school, and the 7th and 8th grade combined bands. It would have been at 6 pm on Wednesday the 26th. This performance was supposed to prepare the students for the coming festival which can be a high stress day.

The second performance was taking place immediately after the pre festival concert, at the rally for Justin Cole. They would have been there as pep band, and that would have been a way to make up time after missed band practices, and other pep band performances. This event still happened, but the band was unable to participate. This event took place at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, the 26th.

The final performance of the week is taking place on Saturday the 29th at Perry High School. The middle school combined 7th and 8th grade band will be performing at 9:20 a.m., and the high school band will be playing at 1:25 p.m. This performance is called district band festival, where bands practice and prepare for months to play in front of judges to be rated on a 1-5 scale in four categories, 1 being positive and 5 being negative. This is the most competitive band event for high school, and middle school. 

Hopefully, the band does well at festival this weekend! Hopefully not having the pre-festival concert will not have an effect on their score.