Sweet 16 Considered Unpredictable

After the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, there remains a hefty group of Cinderella teams. This year’s Sweet 16 is being revered by many as unpredictable. No one could’ve seen this combination of teams moving on to the third round of the tournament. 

In fact, this year’s Sweet 16 has the highest seed total in tournament history. With No. 15 seed Oral Roberts, No. 12 seed Oregon State, and No.11 seeds Syracuse and UCLA the seed total skyrocketed. 

However, these underdogs are in for some tough competition moving forward. With No.1 seeds Michigan, Gonzaga and Baylor still in the competition, the high seeded teams may be in for major defeats. 

Pictured: Gonzaga Basketball Team Celebrating their most recent victory.

Source: CBS Sports

So, the question remains; will the madness of March Madness continue to provide major upsets and amazing highlights? Or will the five remaining No.1 and No. 2 seeds be the ones duking it out in the final rounds of the tournament? Tune-in to CBS or TNT throughout the rest of the tournament to catch the games live. 

Citations

David Cobb                                                                                                                                                                    Mar 23. “2021 NCAA Tournament: Early Look at Each Matchup in the Sweet 16 as March Madness Rolls On.” CBSSports.com, 23 Mar. 2021, www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2021-ncaa-tournament-early-look-at-each-matchup-in-the-sweet-16-as-march-madness-rolls-on/.