Girls Track Place Third at Seminary Invitational

The Ovid-Elsie Varsity Girls had their first freshman/sophomore Invitational meet of the season, hosted by Michigan Lutheran Seminary in Saginaw.
on Monday, April 26. The meet took place at Cardinal Field in Saginaw. Field events for this
meet started at 3:30 p.m. and track events started at 4. Today was the first meet back for
athletes who had been quarantined and all of them were excited to get to run. “I’m a little
nervous to run in this meet since it’s my first one back, but I’m looking forward to running!” said
sophomore Makenna Pierce. Freshman Kaia Spiess also expressed how she was excited to
have everyone back. Overall, the Ovid-Elsie girls ended up coming in 3rd with a total of 86
points, earning points in many different events this meet. Much like their first invitational, medals
were handed to those who placed top six in open sprints and long distance, top three for relays,
and top three for field events. Kaia Spiess took 4th in the 400-meter run. Isabella Loynes took
4th place in the 100-meter run and tied for 6th in the 200 meter. Alexis Spitzley took 3rd for the
800 -meter run and 3rd for the 1600. Abigail Prewitt took 6th place in the 1600 -meter run.
Samantha Snider took 3rd in long jump. The Ovid-Elsie girls relay teams took 2nd in the 4×100,
4×200, and 4×400 relay races. The 4×100 consisted of Isabella Loynes, Samantha Snider,
Haley Bashore, and Rachel Spitzley. The 4×200 team consisted of Samantha Snider, Macey
Bennett, Haley Bashore, and Kaia Spiess. The girls 4×400 consisted of Isabella Loynes, Kaia
Spiess, Rachel Spitzley, and Alexis Spitzley. The Ovid-Elsie girls and boys track teams are both
expecting their next meet to be Wednesday, April 28th, and will be their first official league meet
due to their first one getting canceled