Republicans Call for Biden to Take Cognitive Test

Since 2024 is the new election year and we now have our top two contenders, like in 2020, we have Joe Biden and Donald Trump. Many are saying that they don’t believe Biden should be eligible to run for president again because of his age and the clear fact he may have dementia. According to Daniel J Stone, in the Pittsburg-Post Gazette, President Biden shows no signs of Alzheimer’s disease. At news conferences, he references new events and obviously creates new memories efficiently. He speaks slowly and pauses to find words like others with benign age-associated memory impairment. These issues are exacerbated by a chronic speech impediment. Biden has struggled with stuttering since childhood, and remnants of the condition have long been apparent in his speech.

According to NBC News, President Joe Biden is an “elderly man with a poor memory,” there have been significant misperceptions about the cognitive changes associated with aging, neurologists say. There’s also been scrutiny of other recent events when the 81-year-old president mixed up names of foreign leaders. However, neurologists say blanking on the names of acquaintances or having difficulty remembering dates from the past, especially when under stress, can simply be part of normal aging.

According to AP News, The report described the 81-year-old Democrat’s memory as “hazy,” “fuzzy,” “faulty,” “poor” and having “significant limitations.” It noted that Biden could not recall defining milestones in his own life such as when his son Beau died or when he served as vice president. “My memory is fine,” Biden responded Thursday night from the White House, where he grew visibly angry as he denied forgetting when his son died. Beau Biden died of brain cancer in 2015 at the age of 46.

According to The Washington Times, Dozens of House Republicans signed a letter calling on Mr. Biden to take a cognitive test or else be subjected to removal from office under the 25th Amendment. Dr. Angel Boev, a neurosurgeon in upstate New York who has not examined Mr. Biden, said the president is suffering from the “double whammy” of an aging brain and the aftermath of two brain operations in 1988 to resolve aneurysms.