Music on Pet Symmetry’s Two Songs About Cars EP Absolute Bangers

Today’s review will be slightly brief. That is because today I am reviewing an EP instead
of a full-length album. If anything, the names of the media I am reviewing will make up the bulk
of my review! I listened to the EP Two Songs About Cars. Two Songs With Long Titles. By Pet
Symmetry. This EP was Pet Symmetry’s debut and it is so unique. One of the first players in the
early 2010’s emo revival, and still very relevant today.
This album is a very common example of Midwest emo later down the line. It gives
nostalgic feelings of growing up in a small town, owning crappy little cars, and being a teenager
on the edge of adulthood. This EP has 2 songs. The first one is called A Detailed and Poetic
Physical Threat to the Person who Intentionally Vandalized my 1994 Dodge Intrepid Behind
Kate’s Apartment. And the second track is called Please Don’t Tell my Father that I used his
1996 Honda Accord to Destroy the Town of Willow Grove, Pennsylvania in 2002. Pretty long
titles right? Some think it’s kind of corny but I personally find it kind of funny and charming.
In terms of the sound, it is reminiscent of past emo but with a new twist. I love the use of
horns in these songs and the catchy vocal melodies. The first one of these songs I heard was the
second one about the Accord and I immediately fell in love with it. I never really went to check
out the EP it came off of until much later when I found the first track about the Intrepid. I fell
even harder because the first song was better. I have no complaints about either of these songs at
all and would probably consider this one of my favorite EPs of all time. Both songs are absolute
bangers and have kept me coming back for a long time. Overall this EP gets a 9/10, I love it!