Review: Gravity

Gravity is about a woman named Ryan Stone and her first mission aboard a space shuttle named “Explorer.” During a testing of the shuttle’s operations, the Houston Mission Control warns the crew about oncoming space debris from a Russian missile strike satellite. There was a chain reaction of destruction which forces the team to abort their important mission. Stone and another astronaut (Matt Kowalski) lose contact and communications with the Houston Mission Control.

They both continue to transmit to them in a hope that Mission Control can still hear them. Later, they become separated, but still are in contact and communication with each other. Ryan Stone is nearly out of oxygen when she finds her way to the Chinese space station called “Tiangong” to retrieve another module that could take them back down to earth. She eventually finds an escape pod and uses it to fly back down onto earth. She lands in a lake in an unknown place. She walks on Earth and feels its gravity for the first time since she was leaving on the shuttle.

I think that Gravity is a great movie because there is a lot of suspense throughout the entire movie. Although, a couple scenes in the movie didn’t make sense to me. Other than that, the sequence of events in this movie made perfect sense to me. There were many great scenes in this movie, but I believe when the space debris is coming towards the screen in 3-D, it made it seem realistic to me.

One thing I would change about the movie Gravity would be the intensity of this movie. The movie seemed intense almost throughout the entire movie. I believe they should of mixed in a couple calm scenes here and there instead of full action scenes. Other than that, it was a great movie, especially in the 3-D version of the film.

Photo courtesy of Google.