Daily News 11-3-14

Attention all wrestlers, Coach Barretta will be here tomorrow morning at 7:45 in Mr. Bowen’s room. Be there.

The FFA poultry contest is on thursday this week. If you have birds going to the contest, you MUST have a written report to attend the contest. Please stop in and see Ms. Hoffman if you need help with your report. Also, permission slips are available in the classroom.

The FFA is going to Roll Haven on November 10th. We are leaving the school at 5:00 PM and will arrive back at 9:30 PM. The cost of the trip is $12. That covers pizza, pop, roller skating, laser tag and the bus. Stop down and get a permission slip from Ms. Hoffman.

Tonight the varsity volleyball team will host a district volleyball game against Flint Southwestern starting at 7 p.m. All athletes should be dressed and ready by 6 p.m.

Seniors, Josten’s will be here in the community room this Thursday, November 6th during both lunches for you to turn in your order forms. If you plan on walking at graduation, you need a cap and gown. Please get those ordered on Thursday. Any questions, stop and see Mrs. Horak in Student Services.

The annual boy’s volleyball games are set to be played Friday, November 14th with the freshman playing the juniors and the sophmores playing the seniors. The losers and winners of those games will also play each other. Practice times are yet to be determined. Stay tuned to the announcements for further details. Remember volleyball athletes, you are coaching them.

The fall blood drive will take place on Monday, Nov. 17th. Please see Grace Samson if you would like to sign up to donate. Or, you could also stop by Mrs. Laurencelle’s room during 4th hour or 1st lunch if you would like to sign up then. Students must be 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds in order to donate. Also, if you have had a tattoo within the past year you are not eligible to donate. The state of MI allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with signed consent from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at anytime. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle

The Business Dept students are selling Marauder keychains for $1 each. There are two different styles to choose from, get yours today! Also, they are selling Marauder navy blue drawstring bags for $3 each. Supplies are limited, so stop in to room S-18 and get yours today! Examples of these can be seen in the showcase in the south hall.

Sensational 6 will continue this week, tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.

The varsity volleyball team won two and lost two in the Silver Division Tri Valley Conference Meet at Alma on Saturday. They opened with a win verses Merrill, then lost a tough match against Lakeville. They then took care of Breckenridge before ending their day losing to St. Charles. Leading the way was Logan Trefil with 13 aces, 44 assists and 34 digs. Megan Black had 9 blocks and 18 kills while Megan Walter chipped in with 15 kills and 6 blocks. Lacey Micka contributed 40 digs and 14 kills.

Attention JV Football Players: For those who have not turned in equipment, turn-in will be right after school tomorrow in the balcony. If you have questions see Coach Martin,

Attention Junior and Seniors, A rep from Lake Superior State University will be here tomorrow during both lunches.

The Ovid-Elsie Boys Cross Country team placed 14th of the 27 best teams in Division 3 at the state finals on Saturday at MIS. Congratulations to the guys for an excellent year.

Scoring for the Marauders were Gage Cleveland 40th (16:52), Ty Pardee 52nd (17:01)Dakota Pfeiffer 125th(17:46), Josh Peckens 130th (17:50), and Alex Garber 198th (18:43). Gordon Johnson finished 230th (19:40) and Dominik Willaford 241st(20:08).

The banquet will be this Wednesday at 6:30pm.