Daily News: 11/6/14

Seniors: reps from Jostens are here today during both lunches. Please get your order forms in.

It is College Application Week, and several colleges have waived their application fee. To see if yours is on the list, please stop by to see Mrs. Spicer. This event ends Friday.

Language Arts Team members: The next competition is this upcoming Tuesday, November 11. Please make sure that you’ve picked up a permission slip and that you get it signed and into Ms. Blank by the end of the day Monday. Meet in room E-1 Tuesday morning at 8 A.M. This is the persuasive essay competition. Bring money for lunch.

Attention athletes that would like to order a patch for championships or state qualifiers past or present: An order will be placed in the next couple of weeks. If interested in purchasing a patch the cost is $15. Please get this to Mrs. Latz by Friday, November 14.

The robotic engineering team is looking for new members. The team is looking for students who are capable of welding, interested in design, or are willing to learn how to program and deal with electronic work. Students who are interested should talk with Mr. Topping to sign up, or attend the meeting after school on Monday, November 10 at 3 P.M.

Today after school in the main gym the junior and senior boys will practice volleyball until 4:30 P.M.
Friday, the freshman and sophomore boys also practice volleyball after school until 4:30 P.M.

All students planning on playing a winter sport must pick up a “Gold Card” for the winter season from Mrs. Latz prior to your first practice. To be eligible, you need to have had a physical dated on or after April 15, 2014, a concussion waiver on file in the high school office, and have passed at least six classes last semester. If you played a fall sport you must also have all equipment turned in and not owe any money for lost or damaged equipment or uniforms. You won’t be able to practice without picking up a “Gold Card” to give to your coach.

The girls JV basketball team is looking for a team manager. It includes attending all JV games and a few practices for a small wage. Please e-mail Coach Stoneman at [email protected] if interested.

A reminder for all football players: the football banquet is today at 6:30 P.M. in the cafeteria. If you have any questions see Coach Long.

The FFA is going to Roll Haven on November 10. They are leaving the school at 5 PM and will arrive back at 9:30 PM. The cost of the trip is $12. That covers pizza, pop, roller skating, laser tag and the bus. Stop down and get a permission slip from Ms. Hoffman.

Central Driving School will be offering a three-day segment II driver education class starting Monday, November 17 from 5:30-7:30 P.M. For more information please call 517-862-1700.

The fall blood drive will take place on Monday, November 17. Please see Grace Samson if you would like to sign up to donate. You can also stop by Mrs. Laurencelle’s room during fourth hour or first lunch if you would like to sign up then. Students must be 17 years old and weigh 110 pounds in order to donate. Also, if you have had a tattoo within the past year you are not eligible to donate. The state of Michigan allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with signed consent from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at any time. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle.

The business department students are selling Marauder keychains for $1 each. There are two different styles to choose from. They are also selling Marauder navy blue drawstring bags for $3 each. Supplies are limited, so stop in to room S-18 and get yours today! Examples of these can be seen in the showcase in the south hall.