Daily News: 2-9-15

GoPositive! is the place to get connected! Looking for a way to serve the community? Want the community to hear your good news? Need help with your projects? Enjoy great food and great people in the “no complaint zone”. The group meets in the community room on Tuesday, February 10 from 6:45 to 7:55 A.M.

This week come to the Information Center to celebrate the grand opening of the Cyber Cafe. They offer chocolate chip or blueberry muffins or rice krispy treats for 75 cents and flavored coffee for $1. They’re open from 7:30 to 7:55 A.M. Monday through Friday.

The Astronomy Club will be meeting right after school on Wednesday in E-11 until 4:00. Anyone is welcome and if you have questions please see Mr. Martin.

Girls interested in playing softball: there will be a meeting on Wednesday during both lunches in the auditorium.

The February FFA meeting is this week on Wednesday night in the cafeteria. This is the potluck meeting. Members: please invite your parents. The meeting will be at 7 P.M. Bring your own table service and a dish to pass. Reminder FFA officers: you need to bring sloppy joes and an additional casserole dish. Those advancing to Regional Leadership contests will be giving their speeches that night.

Congratulations to the FFA members that received awards at District Leadership Contests last Thursday night. Everyone received a Gold or Silver award. The Ag Issues team of Tori Olger, Cami Harris, Jessie Nash, Brianna Love and Kayla Duckert will be moving on to Regionals. Also in the FFA Creed contest is Chloe Harris who is advancing. In Public Speaking, both Robert Garrett and Jacy Essex will be representing OE at Regionals. Collin Freeman is the Regional alternate for Job Interview and Forrest Nash was awarded Silver recognition for Job Interview.

The FFA group is proud to announce that Forrest Nash is a finalist for Regional Star Farmer for FFA. This is a very prestigious honor, so congratulate him when you see him. He finds out the results at the end of March.

FFA has rescheduled laser tag for February 18 from 4:30-7:30 P.M. The cost of the bus is $5 and laser tag and bowling is $5/game. FFA members: you can bring a friend, even if they are not in FFA. Forms are in Ms. Hoffman’s room.

Students interested in taking a CCRESA course next year: Please complete an application available in student services and sign up to attend the student visit day on Wednesday, February 18. This visit day is from 8 A.M. to about 11 A.M. Stop by Student Services if you have any questions.

There will be a Chinese culture experience event on this Friday, February 13 from 4 to 6 P.M. in room S-6. Come on and experience the beautiful Chinese culture through the authentic calligraphy, paper cutting, crafting, music and tea art. OEMS, OEHS, EE Knight, Leonard students, teachers, parents and the whole O-E community are welcome. Tea and Chinese food will be served.

The 2015 Elsie Dairy Festival pageant will be held Sunday, March 29. Applications for Queen and Princess are available in the office.

The 2014-2015 yearbooks are available for $70. Order forms have been mailed home. See Mr. Whiting in middle school room 115 if you need a new order form or if you have any questions.

The yearbook staff is also accepting custom senior photos. If you would like your own photo included in the yearbook, the price is $15. Please get your photo to Mr. Whiting or submit it to [email protected].

The senior video is beginning production. Interviews will start soon, and the production staff is asking that you bring in any baby photos to go along with it. For your interview to be included, you need to bring in some photos! Please see producer Lindsay Benham to submit photos or if you have any questions.