Daily News: 2-26-15

Students and staff: Head over to Davison High School and support our varsity competitive cheerleaders as they compete in regional competition this Saturday. They need your support in their attempt to make it to the state finals. The meet begins at 10 A.M., so you can plan your day and head over for the weekend.

There is a baseball sign-up meeting coming up for anyone that is interested in playing baseball. The meeting will be this Friday, February 27 during both lunch hours. The meeting will be held in the Community Room.

Attention all off-season football athletes: spring testing will begin next week on Monday, March 2 through Friday, March 6 from 3:15 to 4:30 P.M. Please make an attempt to get your testing in as the results will be used to evaluate your progress. Tests will include the bench press, vertical jump, long jump, and speed & agility. If you have any questions see Coach Long.

Attention all wrestlers: WAAAM wrestling practices will begin this Wednesday in the middle school cafeteria from 3-4:30 P.M. for all interested wrestlers in grades 7-12. Please bring your head gear and your championship attitude. Practices will be held every Wednesday & Thursday until the end of May.

Attention NHS members: If you are interested in earning more community service hours or another group project please see Mrs. Laurencelle. There are also a few tutoring opportunities available also if you are interested in working at the dodgeball tournament on Friday, March 6 from 6-10. This could earn you a group project or community service hours. Please see Conner Applebee, Gordon Johnson or Mr. Dahlke for more details.

If you are interested in hosting a foreign exchange student next year, please see Ms. Blank in room E-1 to pick up some information and ask questions. She’s available during both lunches.

Juniors: Remember that the ACT is Tuesday, March 3. Please make sure you do and have the following: Be at the American Legion Hall at 7:45 A.M. for registration. Make sure you have a protein-packed, hearty breakfast. Dress in layers. Bring the following: I.D., #2 sharpened pencils (NO mechanical pencils), calculator, and a snack that has your name on it. Remember that you may not have a cell phone in the building. Leave cell phones at home or in your car. There are only two testing days next week: Tuesday is the ACT and Wednesday is the Workkeys test. You will be back at the high school on Thursday. The M-Step test will be in May.