Daily News: 10-13-15

The following girls still need to turn in there jerseys: Makenna Vincent, Shaye Lintemuth, Megan Walter and Miranda Chapman. Please turn in ASAP.

Mrs. Willbanks is looking for a student who would like to DJ the upcoming Middle School Halloween dance. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Willbanks in Middle School room 107 before or after school, or e-mail her.

Class officers for the sophomores will be collecting $7 for class dues at lunch.

Become a leader and join the Model UN team today! For more information find Mr. Belill in room C-4 or Alex Burton. The first meeting will be Thursday, October 15 at 7:30 A.M. in Mr. Belill’s room.

It is time for the October FFA meeting and Ag Olympics! The group will be meeting in Ms. Hoffman’s room on Wednesday, October 14 from 6-7:30 P.M. They will be having cider and doughnuts, carving pumpkins, playing games, and of course…having fun! Be sure to sign up in Ms. Hoffman’s room so there are enough cider and doughnuts for everyone.

The college presentations from the Art Institute of Michigan this week have been rescheduled from today to Friday, October 17 during 4th, 6th, and 7th hours. Passes to attend will be honored on Friday.

9-12th grade students have the opportunity to travel to Grand Valley State University and Aquinas College in the same day! This event will take place on October 30. It will give students the opportunity to visit two colleges, learn about their programs, and eat at Grand Valley’s wonderful dining hall.

Additionally, 11-12 grade students have the opportunity to attend a visit to Central Michigan University on November 19. Those interested in either trip can pick up a permission form in Student Services. The GVSU/Aquinas trip will fill fast, so turn in permission forms as soon as possible. See Ms. Simon in Student Services for additional information.

Are you an FFA member looking to get more involved? Come to Miss Hoffman’s room and get an officer application form for FFA class representative. Elections will be held at the meeting tomorrow, October 14.

The business department is putting on a troop drive. Bring in non-perishable items to send overseas. Drop off your items to Mrs. Bonnie Ott in room S-18 through November
The coffee shop in the Information Center is up and running. Please stop in for a warm cup of regular or caramel coffee for $1.

Upcoming college visits are:
Oakland University – October 28, 2nd lunch only