Daily News: 11-04-15

The Freshman and Sophomore boys will practice volleyball after school on Thursday in the main gym until 4:30. The game is Friday, November 13th at 7 p.m.

The drama club rehearsal this evening has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. Please continue to learn your lines and remember to bring your costume for dress rehearsal tomorrow.

All quiz bowl members going to the league meet tomorrow must see Mrs. Keck today in order to attend. Bus leaves tomorrow 745 meet in Mrs Keck’s room at 7:40.

The roster for the 2015-16 Snow Sculpting Team has been posted on the art room door. The first team meeting will be held Weds, Nov 11, 7:30 AM in the HS art room.

The FFA is going to Roll Haven in Grand Blanc on Monday to meet other FFA chapters from our Region. We are leaving the High School at 5 PM and will return at 9:30 PM. There is laster tag, roller skating, arcade games, group games, pizza and pop. Please bring $12, exact change, with you that night and any extra you may want for arcade games. There are permission slips in Ms. Hoffman’s room.

The Student Challenge will meet this Thursday at 7:00 am in room C-14 of the High School. A breakfast will be provided.

Attention JV Football Players: Equipment turn-in will be Thursday right after school in the balcony. Also remember the banquet will be Thursday night at 6:30.

Wrestling sign-ups will be held on Wednesday, November 11th in the student lounge during both lunches. See Mr Bowen with questions

The Drama Club is performing
“13 ways to screw up your college interview.” by Ian McWethy.
The show is Tuesday, November 10 at 1pm it will cost $2 per student to attend, in the high school auditorium. Come and support your fellow classmates

We are collecting new and gently used (clean) coats, hats, gloves, mittens, boots, etc. All sizes are needed and will be distributed to the OE community first. All items remaining at the end of the season will be donated to St. Vincent’s and Volunteers of America. Please drop off items to the high school room, S-18 by December 1. As always, if you know of anyone, child or adult, in need of a coat, please contact Bonnie Ott.

There are forms for this year’s FFA shirt in Ms. Hoffman’s room. They are black with camo. Order forms and money is due back by November 13. Additionally, the November FFA meeting is next Wednesday, November 11 from 6-7 PM. We will be making cards for our deployed US troops. Please bring any craft or scrapbook supplies to help decorate cards.

Seniors, keep selling RADA Knife products. These knives are the quality of Cutco and so much less expensive. They make great gifts. Make sure to ask family members and friends. Also remember that 30% goes to helping finance your personal trip to Chicago. See Ms. Blank for more forms and catalogs if you need them. Also a reminder that Jostens will be in the building next Weds., November 11, with your graduation supply order catalogs and forms.

Language Arts team- Our next competition is Weds, November 11. It is a Character Sketch. See Ms. Blank for a permission slip and details

Varsity football equipment hand in is Tuesday after school. Please meet in the locker room. Everyone is expected to be there.

Additionally,
Attention all football players: The football banquet is this Thursday in the high school cafeteria at 6:30 pm. All players and immediate families are invited. Please bring a dish to pass and dress to impress.

The annual boy’s volleyball games will be Friday, November 13 at 7 p.m. The juniors will first take on the freshman and the seniors will play the sophomores. The first practice will be tomorrow evening from 6-7:30 in the main gym for the junior and seniors only. Other practice times will be forthcoming.

Anyone interested in varsity swimming can pick up the pre-season sign up packet in room E-6 from Mr. Dahlke

The Class of 2018 is selling sport water bottles. The bottles are 24 oz and have the Ovid-Elsie Marauder on both sides. The bottles are $8.00 and are available in the High School Office

Gold Card’s can be picked up for the winter sports season from Mrs. Latz prior to the start of your season. All student athletes will be required to have one to begin practice. Be sure that you have a current physical on file with Mrs. Latz, that you are passing six out of seven hours and that you have all of your previous sport equipment in and fees paid or you will not be issued a Gold Card.

Students who are interested in signing up for the fall blood drive on Friday, November 6 need to see Morgan Martin. Students must be at least 17 years old and weigh at least 110 lbs. The state of Michigan allows students that are 16 years old to donate blood with a signed consent form from a parent. These forms are available to pick up from Mrs. Laurencelle at any time. These students will be able to sign up only after this signed form has been returned to Mrs. Laurencelle.

Girls basketball practice starts Monday, November 9 at 3 P.M. for all grade levels. You must have a current physical to begin practice. If you have any questions or you missed the preseason meeting, please contact Coach Cunningham.

The business department is putting on a troop drive. Bring in non-perishable items to send overseas. Drop off your items to Mrs. Bonnie Ott in room S-18 through November.

Juniors and seniors have the opportunity to attend a visit to Central Michigan University on November 19. Those interested can pick up a permission form in student services. See Ms. Simon in student services for additional information.