Girls Varsity Softball Begins Season

O-E softball held a Round Robin tournament April 10th. Round Robin means that you played everyone that was attending.  

The first game was O-E against Johannesburg-Lewiston.  O-E pulled off the win 7-5 in the 7th inning.  Zoe Baiz led the team with the most hits of the game with 3, Olivia Burt led the team in RBI’s after hitting a 2-run homerun.  Burt was on the mound for the first 6 innings and had 5 strikeouts, Gracie Schultz came in the 7th inning and had a strikeout. 

The second game was Johannesburg-Lewiston vs. Superior Central where the two teams went back and forth fighting for the win. Johannesburg pulled off the win 9-6.  

In the final game of the day O-E faced Superior Central which O-E got an early lead which continued to grow throughout the tournament.  O-E won the game 19-5.  Katitlyn Fry led the team with 3 hits, while Maddisyn Miller led the team in walks.  Schultz was in the circle with 3 strikeouts for 3 innings, Fry came in the 4th inning and had 2 strikeouts. 

Ovid-Elsie Varsity Softball was scheduled to play April 8th but due to weather the game was cancelled.