May 9, 2024

Kansas City Wins By 3 in Super Bowl 58

The Super Bowl is always the most exciting game of the year and this time around it didn’t disappoint with the final score being as as close as a field goal. It started off slow with no team pulling away from the other with the score being 0-0 after the first quarter. Neither team had the momentum and neither team was more confident than the other until the second quarter came along.

The 49ers came into the second quarter strong with starting it off with a Field goal from Jake moody giving them the lead 3-0. As the 49ers continued on with their defensive master class no one scored again until four minutes left in the 2nd quarter and that was no other than Christain McCafferey. The play that they scored on was a trick play with Brock Purdy throwing the ball to Juwan Jennings then he threw the ball the from number to number, which is around 40 yards, to Christain McCafferey who ran it in 21 yards into the end zone. No one in the stands or in the game expected this to happened and that is why it worked so well. The Chiefs finally scored with 20 seconds left in the first half with a field goal from Harrison Butker which was 28 yards.

After the entertaining half time show from Usher, Alicia Keys, H.E.R., Lil John, and Ludacris both teams defenses got straight to work not allowing any points until just five minutes left in the third quarter and those points came from the Chiefs Kicker which set a record with the longest field goal in Super Bowl History with 57 yards just one quarter after Jake moody set it with 55 yards. The 49ers started getting worried at this point because their lead was cut to just four with the score being 10-6. The Chiefs then turned the game around completely with a 16 yard pass to Marquez Valdes-Scantling for a touchdown and giving them the lead 13-10. After not allowing a single touchdown in the first half they have now lost the lead from the first Chiefs touchdown.

The Game finally came down to the most important quarter, the fourth, which started off quick with the 49ers getting a touchdown in just four minutes from Juwan Jennings. These points could have ended the game but Jake Moody’s extra point was blocked which stopped them from going up by four. After two field goals from Harrison Butker and one from Jake Moody, the game was tied and was going into overtime with a score of 19-19. The 49ers won the coin toss and elected to receive the ball because they didn’t know the rules of overtime in the playoffs. The rule is both team get a chance to score which means you want the ball second to see how much you have to score. The 49ers then drove down the field and got a field goal with seven minutes and twenty-two seconds left which was plenty of time for the Chiefs. As the Chiefs were driving down the field the 49ers were starting to worry and as the chiefs got down to the final play with three seconds left, Mecole hardman was found wide open and caught the ball for a touchdown to win Super Bowl 58 and winning their third Super Bowl in five the past five years.