Iowa Wins Big Ten Tournament Two Years in a Row

In a highly competitive matchup between two of the best women’s Big Ten basketball teams, the Iowa Hawkeyes beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers 94-89 to clinch the Tournament for the second year in a row March 10th at the Target Center in Minnesota. Both team gave epic performances showing that they both wanted to earn their chance to get the Big Ten Title. This game is important for both teams as it decides which team is the best in the Big Ten and who receives the trophy. Another reason is that this will be the last basketball game for both of these teams, so they both wanted to end their season with a win.That means that the away game disadvantage affected both of these teams and made it a bit more fair with both fanbases being present.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers are one of the teams this year that have been having a successful season by containing a regular season record of 22-11 and a conference record of 11-7. Most of their wins come from their home games, which is why home games give these teams an advantage due to their fanbases. This also explains their home game record of 13-3. They have proven themselves to be a very competitive team to go up against because they were able to beat hard teams like MSU, Maryland, and Iowa in their past games. On the other hand, I would say that Iowa is probably the best women’s college basketball team this season. They have had a very successful season keeping a regular season record of 29-4 and a conference record of 15-3. Their success mainly comes from the most talked about women’s college basketball player, Caitlyn Clark. Clark has been scoring an average of 32 points per game and she just beat the record for NCAA’s all-time leading scorer. 

When it came time for the actual game, the result was very different from the last time they played each other. This time, Iowa won with a score of 94-89. At the start of the game, Iowa seemed a little rocky seeing as they were down 11 at halftime and fans were getting worried. As the game progressed, Iowa knew this game was very important and put in all of their effort to eventually beat Nebraska with a score of 94-89. Iowa’s top scorers of this game are none other than Caitlyn Clark and Hannah Stuelke putting up 59 points together. With this win, the Iowa women’s basketball team was able to do something impressive which was to win the Big Ten Tournament trophy two years in a row.