Cyclones Beat Houston 69-41 in Big 12 Rivalry

In a highly competitive matchup between two of the best men’s college basketball teams in the Big Twelve conference, the Houston Cougars and Iowa State Cyclones gave off an epic and electrifying performance in the Big 12 Championship game as the Cyclones won 69-41.

This was an important game for both of these because this was the game where they could accomplish a reward for the hard work and effort that both of these teams put in the season to get here.They have also already played before in the normal season where the result came to be that the Cougars won with a score of 73-65.The game was set for Saturday, March 16, 2024, and it would be held at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. This would give both teams a disadvantage because they were away games for both teams and their home atmosphere needed to be fully there for these teams.

The Houston Cougars are one of the many teams this year that have been having a really good season by becoming the number one seed in the Big 12 conference and containing a regular season record of 30-4 and a conference record of 15-3. The most surprising fact about most of their wins is that they have won every single game that was played at home for the Cougars. This explains their 17-0 home game record. Houston is one of those college teams that are highly expected to win this game and eventually the March Madness or NCAA tournament because of the success they have been having. Some teams that they have beaten that prove that they are a very competitive team are Iowa State, Texas, Kansas, Texas Tech, etc. On the other hand, Iowa is also another team this season that has been having a similar season to Houston because they are ranked 2nd in the Big 12 right under Houston. They currently have a regular season record of 27-7 with a conference record of 13-5 and most of their games come from their home games. Just like Houston, they have won all of their home games with a home game record of 18-0. With all of these similarities between these two teams, there is no doubt that this would be one of the best competitive championship games out there. 

When the time came for both of these teams to play each other, the result was drastically different from the last time they played each other. It turned out to be that the Houston Cougars had fallen to the Iowa State Cyclones this time and made the Cyclones win the Big 12 championship. The Cyclones won with a score of 69-41 which was a 28-point difference and knocked Houston out of the Championship game. This game-ending result was very surprising and shocking to many of the fans watching it due to the score being very appalling. The lead scorers for the Cyclones in this game were Milan Momcilovic and Keshon Gilbert who both were able to put up 34 points. Although Houston lost this game, both Houston and Iowa State are two good qualifying teams going into the NCAA tournament because of their low seedings. Houston can make a comeback and win that trophy instead.