Varsity Cheer: In It to Win It

The past few years have been very successful for the varsity competitive cheer team. In fact last year they went to regionals and the year before that they went to states! When junior Courtney Loynes was asked if she thinks they will go to states this year she said, “Yes if we stay committed.” Courtney has been on varsity since her freshman year and is a big contributor to the team. Speaking of contributors to the team, a lot were lost last year when the seniors graduated. Last year there was 4 seniors on the team with all of them having major parts. Many are worried that the team won’t make it very far with all of them being graduated and no longer a part of the team. However, when Courtney was asked what it would be like without the seniors she replied with, “It’s going to take a lot of hard work and dedication but we’ll come together as a team and get the job done.” The cheer team has already been getting ready for the upcoming season by practicing stunts and tumbling during some sideline practices. Most of the team members are really looking forward to the new season in hopes to go to states this year. There may even be some new members such as senior Victoria Stutzman. She is indecisive at the moment but says, “I am excited and nervous at the same time but ready to contribute to the team.” Will the team make it to states? It’s hard to determine right now but hopefully they can come together and bring it home!