April 18, 2024

Review: “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon” by Stephen King

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King. Artwork courtesy Pocket Books.

What was the best book you ever read?  The best book I ever read was called “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon” by Stephen King. It is a really detailed pop-up book for middle schoolers, and it takes almost a full hour to read. The book is about a nine-year-old girl named Trisha whose family went on a road trip, but Trisha’s mom and brother were quarrelling so much that Trisha took a different trail and got lost in the woods. What would Trisha find in those dark, horrifying woods?

The outstanding part of the book was when Trisha relied on her favorite baseball player, Tom Gordon, for strength to keep her fighting for her life. She was in the mysterical woods that were scaring her, and anything could literally pop out in front of or behind her and chase Trisha.

The downfall of this book was when you turned the page there are pop-up pictures of what that page is about and what is going to happen to Trisha before you even read about it. What I thought the publisher could have done was maybe put a little less detail into the pictures, so when someone else reads it then it will be a mystery to them and have them brain storming about what is going to happen.

If you are a teenager who wants a pop-up book to read, you should read “The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon” by Stephen King. If you can’t find it in the library, then you could try looking on the internet to find it. If you do read it, I hope you are really excited to see if they make another one, like I am.