Inside Look of Stereotyping

People get stereotyped. It is something that no matter what we do, it will always happen. There are many stereotypes, some examples would be girl only care about their appearance, blondes are unintelligent, or women aren’t as strong or smart as men. Victims of stereotyping respond differently.  Some may just let it go, others may retaliate or hold a grudge.

Breanna Ladiski, a freshmen, gets stereotyped frequently. “I get stereotyped because of my red hair and the facts that I am pretty tall. People say that I must be amazing at basketball, and when I tell them that I don’t play, they try to pressure me into it. Sometimes getting stereotyped makes me mad, but sometimes I just go along with it, it doesn’t make a difference to me.” Ladiski said.

Aubrey Hurst, a freshmen, is use to being stereotyped. “I’m stereotyped because I’m a ginger. I just try to brush it off. It doesn’t cause me any physical harm, and it is something that I will just have to live with,” Hurst said.

Katie Beeman, a freshmen, has grown up being stereotyped. “People stereotype me because I have bright red hair. People always say that i sacrifice animals because of it. I try to ignore it. It isn’t true and they just want to get a reaction out of me,” Beeman said.

Being stereotyped because of hair color is just one kind of stereotype. There are many others. You could be stereotyped on size, gender, race, physical appearance, how smart you are, if you’re a jock or not, and many others. The victims of stereotyping will respond differently, depending on their personality. Stereotyping can hurt people’s feelings though.